Rules for the kendo summer seminar 2021
In principle, the kendo seminar is based on the rules of the RIVM that apply at that time.
• Indoor and outdoor no restrictions apply. Group sports are allowed.
- Competitions are allowed. It concerns both matches against each other and matches against other clubs.
- If it is necessary for sports practice, 1.5 meters distance is not mandatory for people from 18 years old. After exercise, keeping a distance of 1.5 meters is mandatory.
- Continue to adhere to the basic rules to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. (see below)
Basic rules to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Continue to follow the basic rules to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. People can still infect each other. Even after vaccination. Keep washing your hands and keep your distance. In case of disease symptoms: stay at home and get tested quickly. And provide plenty of fresh air. This way you don’t give corona a chance.
Specific ‘kendo’ rules during the seminar.
– Kiai is allowed.
– You are obliged to wear a so-called faceshield or mouth cap while practicing in bogu. The faceshield must be a full shield, for example, not one that covers the mounth.
– It is not necessary to wear a mouth cap for individual exercises such as taiso and suburi. In that case, it is required to keep 1,5 meters away from each other.
– When setting up in rows, such as when greeting or when meeting in groups, such as when demonstrating a technique or during instruction, 1.5 meters are taken into account as much as possible.
– Before and after training, 1,5 meters away is kept as much as possible.
– Because it is difficult to keep 1,5 meters away in changing rooms, wearing a mouth cap is mandatory there.
– During the training and exams, the ‘new’ rules are applied as issued by the IKF. This means that tsubazeriai is prevented. If you do end up in tsubazeriai, split up quickly or do hiki-waza immediately. See for explanation: https://youtu.be/rNUc8PUREZQ
To avoid the risk of contamination, it is recommended that you perform a self-test before training. Even if you have already had two vaccinations. The result is known after 15 minutes. The self-test can be purchased at any drugstore or pharmacy for approximately €3. The self-test is not 100% safe and should not be used if you already have symptoms. Then you just stay at home.
Finally: The best way to prevent infection and ensure the safety of us all is to get vaccinated.
Koos van Hattum